The random ramblings of a casual tankadin

Monday, June 6, 2011

High latency

I'm stuck a long way from home. In Japan to be more exact.

While the local infrastructure is perfectly decent, the overall latency to my EU server definitely leaves a lot to wish for.

So, what should I do at some 800 ms latency?

Raids are right out of the question. While it would be possible to run ten people all guessing what has already happened server side, you can't have your tank being the only one catching up almost a second later.

Grinding five mans for VP I really don't need is an option. I'd just be a sucky tank. There is, however, something that keeps me from deliberately being sucky.

So I guess I'm stuck with doing some dailies, running an occasional instance with a levelling alt and reading up in general. Wait a minute! Didn't I just say I wanted to avoid deliberate suckyness? Well, the primary alt in question is a dps running WotLK content, and there's a limit to how sucky you can be compared to the atrocities you run into. Besides, it's a ranged dps. There's not much in the way of Green Pools of Doom to stand in.

No comments:

Post a Comment